Deciding to let your property is a big step and doing it with the help of a reliable agent such as Norfolk Property Lettings and Management might be the answer.
Here are just some of the reasons why using a letting agent might be the best option for you in 2019:
- Your rental property may well be your biggest asset and it is vital that you look after it and make it work for you as well as it possibly can.
- Letting agents are specialists in their field – they know the property industry inside out and can help you to avoid pitfalls.
- They can advise you on what you should be paying for a property if you are considering a buy-to-let and tell you about levels of income you may expect to gain.
- They can offer you guidance on how the property should be presented, fitted out and maintained.
- A good letting agent will also know the law inside out, inform you of your obligations and ensure you comply with legal requirements when you need to.
- Between lettings they will market your property in an appropriate manner in order to find you the calibre of tenants you are seeking.
- A good agent will find you the best tenants and ensure they are rigorously vetted via written references, bank statements, wage slips, employers’ details and identification.
- If you wish them to, they will then continue to monitor the tenants and manage the property – carefully and with professionalism – on your behalf.
- They will arrange for the tenant’s deposit to be held in a government approved tenancy deposit scheme (to provide tenancy deposit protection).
- The agency can be a vital shield between you and your tenant, acting as a go-between, resolving problems and helping to ensure everything runs smoothly.